The Tree


I slouched along the lane
on an aimless afternoon
The sky looked set for rain
I had little else to do
Then suddenly I stopped
when I noticed the tree
as though the penny dropped
and now I understood

I'd never seen that tree
yet it hadn't just appeared
I'd always failed to see
its quiet majestic form
With newly opened eyes
I gazed at in in wonder
and marvelled at its size
How could I have missed it?

It was hiding in plain sight
Standing proudly all alone
I had passed it day and night
Without the merest glance
At last I had awoken
from my lifelong slumber
To me, the tree had spoken
Finally, I'm alive
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Woman

Women of the world I salute you! On bended knee I pledge my undying love You gave me life and nurtured me, made me what I am and all the bet...