Grim Reaper


Oh, be gone, grim reaper
You have no business here!
I shall not leave this world
With things undone, things unsaid
I will gladly follow
When the time is right
But that, be clear,
Is not tonight

While love commands my beating heart
And the fire of passion burns within
This life holds worth for me
My work remains unfinished
When I have nothing more to say
Then you may lead me away

You say I have no choice?
That fate demands I'm yours?
Well fate be damned, I heed it not
You shall not have your way
My soul is my unerring guide
That never wanders from my side

My spirit will defeat you
So turn around and leave
I am writing my own destiny
And it doesn't mention you
So go, grim reaper, go
When I'm ready, you will know

No comments:

Post a Comment

Woman

Women of the world I salute you! On bended knee I pledge my undying love You gave me life and nurtured me, made me what I am and all the bet...