Gentle Insanity

I relax behind my shield of gentle insanity
and wonder if anything I ever see is real
my brain controls what I think of as reality
it determines what I sense and what I feel
yet the more you ponder on the universe
the more unlikely it all appears
we're like actors forbidden to rehearse
and left alone to face our fears
for though we seek comfort in others
perhaps we just imagine them too
our mind creates our sisters and brothers
and everything that we do
how can we be sure that we're alive
if life is nothing more than illusion
in a world that only seems to thrive
upon madness and chaotic confusion
so I retreat to my gentle insanity
the place where I feel most at home
I revel in my alternate reality
where my soul has freedom to roam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Woman

Women of the world I salute you! On bended knee I pledge my undying love You gave me life and nurtured me, made me what I am and all the bet...